Sunday, April 6, 2008

Valentine Letterboxing

Hubby had to go out of town for a conference with the National Guard the weekend after Valentine's Day. There was a banquet, so I was expected to go too. Not that I was upset over having an excuse to go out of town with hubby and have the weekend paid for ;) On our way home Sunday we finally went out to the WVU Arboretum where there were several micro boxes hidden. There were two that we couldn't find. The area was kind of damp and muddy. Just as we were finding the last two boxes, it started to drizzle. On the last box, it held the logbook for the whole series, so this one took a little longer to stamp into. Hubby pulled up his jacket over his head and then leaned over me to give me some shelter from the rain. I was okay with stamping in the rain, but it was a sweet gesture. He then commented that the view was lovely out there, and I absent-mindedly agreed, intent on my stamping, but something in his voice called me to look up and I realized he wasn't talking about the outdoors! I had forgotten I was wearing a low and loose top ;) All around, it was a nice weekend -- after the banquet. Up til then hubby was busy. We didn't have anything to do on Sunday, so we got to sleep in and actually enjoy being at a hotel. Nice breakfast at the hotel. We had a leisure drive home after the trip to the arboretum.

No comments: