Sunday, February 3, 2008

Our First Meet!



Well, it's over! I was stressing out last week, but things went off just fine. Wednesday I had to set myself down and get to carving, because I didn't want my nightmare to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I got the event stamp carved. I wasn't sure how it would go over. I thought it was cute, but not having seen many event stamps except the one in The Letterboxer's Companion that was quite intricate, didn't now what others would think. Being a quiet, shy person, I didn't "interupt" all the conversation and do drawings like I had planned. Everyone seemed to be having enough fun just chatting and getting to know each other. WVBigBeard is a hoot and can keep you entertained for hours. I enjoyed hearing about his adventures, some of which I could relate to, but he told much better! I didn't my Mom's book stamped, but hey, I had enough to think about, making sure my son got his stamping done and my own. I'm trying not to encourage her "stamping by proxy" habit!

We got there probably an hour and a half early, and I went out to hide a bonus box. I tried to think of good clues that weren't real hard but didn't give it away either. Safari Man eventually went to locate the Library box, then the bonus box. He came back saying they looked everywhere they could think of but couldn't find it. I thought for a moment, did I make it too hard? About that time PioneerSpirit walked by the door and Safari Man turned to ask him if he found it and said "He's smiling, he found it!" and they went out again. I saw the stamp in his logbook later so I know he did eventually find it :) I sent my brother out later with the clues to see if he could find it, and he did say he didn't find it right off because when he went downstairs he said to himself "nah, that's too easy" and looked around some but then did find it where he didn't think it could be. But, my brother really isn't a good judge of clues because we think too much alike anyway ;)

It was nice to hear from Zandra that she appreciated my stamps I had carved at the boxes I have on the Midland Trail. I thought they were nice, but nothing spectacular, but it feels good to know that when someone else finds my box they are pleased with the stamp they find inside.

I did feel a little disappointed that I didn't do the prize drawings, more because I was afraid that others might be disappointed about it. Of course, I couldn't find out whether our groundhog had seen his shadow until this morning, so I will be getting those prizes out in the mail this week. But overall, I was pleased because it was so nice meeting such great people!

No comments: